These are the full terms and conditions for The Leicester Writes Short Story Competition.
1. The Leicester Writes Short Story Competition is open to all ages and nationalities across the world. Both published and unpublished writers are invited to submit. The prize aims to encourage new writing.
2. All entries must be original unpublished prose, on any theme and no more than 3,500 words. The entry must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
3. Entries cannot be extracts from longer works or unfinished at the time of entry. We will not allow entries to be amended at a later date so please submit completed stories only.
4. Writers may submit a maximum of three entries. Payment is per entry. Payment must be made before submitting. The entry fee is £5.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry. You can follow updates on our website at www.leicesterwrites.co.uk, on Twitter (@leicesterwrites) and our Facebook page (Leicester Writes)
6. All entrants must complete the entry form online. This will help to verify your email address and payment. If you are entering more than once, please only use a single entry form. Short stories must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: The Leicester Writes Short Story Competition. Please include your email address and other contact details in the body of the email along with the title of your entry. Your entry must be sent as an email attachment with the title of the story only. Do not put your name anywhere on the entry. Please ensure your entry is sent in a Word document format. No other formats including wps, txt, or pdf will be accepted.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on 1st June 2021. Entries will not be accepted after this date. Please don’t leave it til midnight to submit your entry.
8. By submitting, the entrant grants Dahlia Publishing the right to publish their entry on The Leicester Writes website and in a published collection in the event of their work being longlisted and/or winning the competition. The copyright of the works will remain with individual authors.
9. Dahlia Publishing cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
10. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
11. Dahlia Publishing and the winners may enter into agreements which will grant Dahlia Publishing the publishing, broadcasting, serial and electronic rights in the longlisted and winning entries.
12. Dahlia Publishing reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
13. The winner of the competition will be notified at the end of June.
14. Any prizes offered must be taken within 30 days.
15. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Employees of Dahlia Publishing and members of their immediate family are excluded from participating in the competition.
17. We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
18. Please send competition queries to email@example.com
Do not send queries in the comments box on our website as these will be unanswered.