We’re thrilled to announce this year’s longlist of 20 stories for The Leicester Writes Short Story Prize 2017. The longlist was chosen from 102 submissions received during our inaugural campaign.
Stories on this year’s longlist include (in alphabetical order):
- A Peculiar Circle by Matthew Rhodes
- An Evening Out by Asha Krishna
- Aunty by C. G. Menon
- Blackbird by Maureen Cullen
- Cinnamon Fletcher by Jon Wilkins
- Deadly by Simon Bland
- Death and Biscuits by Bev Haddon
- Five by Lynne E. Blackwood
- Inside out by Farrah Yusuf
- L’ile des Somnambules by Chad Bentley
- Metropolis by Marianne Whiting
- Real Love by Jack Wedgbury
- Suicide Vending Machine by Thomas Welsh
- Switching off the Metronome by Siobhan Logan
- The Chase by Amy Bell
- The Child Kingdom by Andrew Moffat
- The Man Who Wasn’t by Karl Quiqley
- The Pink Feather Boa Incident by Katherine Hetzel
- We Went There by Debz Hobbs-Wyatt
- Where to Stay, What to Do by Lindsey Fairweather
All the stories featured on our longlist will be published in our prize anthology. A shortlist will now be selected by our esteemed judging panel, including writers Rebecca Burns, Divya Ghelani, Nina Stibbe, and Grace Haddon as well as bookseller, Debbie James.
We aim to make our shortlist announcement on April 24, 2017.