These are the full terms and conditions for The Leicester Writes Short Story Competition.
1. The Leicester Writes Short Story Competition is open to all ages and nationalities across the world. Both published and unpublished writers are invited to submit. The prize aims to encourage new writing.
2. All entries must be original unpublished prose, on any theme and no more than 3,500 words. The entry must not have been accepted for publication elsewhere. Entries subsequently listed in other prizes will need to be withdrawn.
3. Entries cannot be unfinished at the time of entry. We will not allow entries to be amended at a later date so please submit completed stories only.
4. Writers may submit a maximum of three entries. Payment is per entry. Payment must be made before submitting. The entry fee is £7 each.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry. You can follow updates on our website at www.leicesterwrites.co.uk, on Twitter (@leicesterwrites) and our Facebook page (Leicester Writes)
6. All entrants must complete the entry form online. This will help to verify your email address and payment. If you are entering more than once, please only use a single entry form. As our judges read blind please ensure your file name or entry does not identify you as the author.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on 2nd July 2023. Entries will not be accepted after this date. Please don’t leave it until the last minute to submit your entry.
8. By submitting, the entrant grants Dahlia Books the right to publish their entry on The Leicester Writes website and in a published collection in the event of their work being longlisted and/or winning the competition. The copyright of the works will remain with individual authors.
9. Dahlia Books cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
10. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
11. Dahlia Books and the winners may enter into agreements which will grant Dahlia Books the publishing, broadcasting, serial and electronic rights in the longlisted and winning entries.
12. Dahlia Books reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
13. The winner of the competition will be notified in August.
14. Any prizes offered must be taken within 30 days.
15. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Employees of Dahlia Books and members of their immediate family are excluded from participating in the competition.
17. We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
18. Please send any competition queries via email to email@example.com