We’re delighted to announce this year’s longlist of 20 stories for The Leicester Writes Short Story Prize.
Stories on this year’s longlist (in alphabetical order) include:
- A Moving Image by Edward Barnfield
- All That Remains by Colin Brezicki
- Before the White Elephant by Ivan Richardson
- Cuckold by Karen Storey
- Daal in Memoriam by Ishrat Jahan
- Eager to Please by Henry Stennett
- Half Drowning Still Afloat by S.P. Hannaway
- Homestead by June O’Sullivan
- Judgement by Richard Hooton
- Let’s Start Over by Susan O’Neal
- On Tuesdays I Clean the House by Joe Bedford
- Maybe Baby by Dianne Bown-Wilson
- Stuck In a Lift with Micawber by Gillian Brown
- Sudden Apprehension by James O’Hara-Knight
- The Ache for Home by Dianne Bown-Wilson
- The Attention Economy by Jay McKenzie
- The Dressmaker by Heather Alabaster
- The Flip Flop by James O’Hara-Knight
- The Red Dress by Shannon Savvas
- Whip of Cricket’s Bone by James O’Hara-Knight
All the stories featured on our longlist will be published in our prize anthology. A shortlist and winners will now be selected by our fantastic judging panel, including writers Rebecca Burns, Laura Besley and Reshma Ruia.
We aim to make a further announcement on the prize shortlist and winners by 1 August.